Friday, January 30, 2009

Etc.

The carpet tiles arrived today, so that project is ready to take place. Unfortunately, we have a ton of things to do this weekend, so it will probably happen next weekend instead, but at least they are here!

It's been a fun week--now that it seems more real, I am enjoying chatting with friends about their babies. It's nice to enjoy it and not dread hearing about babies any more--hope is a wonderful thing. We've done some window shopping online via AIM, and I must say, there are some awesome things out there for babies. I've pledged not to shop yet, but it's definitely hard!

More funds are going out this week, but more funds are coming in, as well! We've gotten our first two donations: $10 from the Stanley clan and $30 from the Hanlon clan. Thank you all! :0D Plus our RSVP list for our Pampered Chef fundraiser is looking good too. If you don't live in the area but would like to order towards our total, please let me know and I'll try to send you a link where you can do so. I believe we get 15% of the take.

A friend of Michael's at work is expecting and she and her husband are apparently terrified about the prospect of parenthood and asked if we weren't. Honestly, I'm nervous--I want to do the best job I possibly can to live up to the task. But we've been waiting so long that it's just such a relief and I'm so happy to know that we can take a crack at parenting. I think it's going to be just great, and he's going to be just great, and we're in for an adventure. The responsibility is a little awe-inspiring, but the overall feeling I have is joy.

I read a book recently with various quotes by women. Dorothy Canfield Fisher said, "A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary." I hope I can teach this little dude to stand on his own two feet, but maybe to need me just a little bit.

0 comments: