Friday, April 24, 2009

Book of Gratitude for B.

I have decided to go ahead and make the gratitude book for B. I found an awesome package of 200 multicolored cards at Target, and what we'll do is send a card to anyone who wants to participate but won't be able to make the open house (tentatively scheduled for either May 30th or June 6th [preferences anyone?]) and you can decorate it, write on it, whatever you want to do, and send it back no later than June 1. I will even include postage so you have no excuse :) If you are local and want me to drop it off to you, I can do that as well. If you don't feel creative, you can drop me an email with your sentiments, I'll print it out and decorate a card for you. Please keep it fairly brief, the cards are 3X5 and we'll only be using 1 side.

Otherwise, at the open house, we will have markers, stickers, fancy scissors, etc. for you to decorate your card and have some fun expressing your gratitude to our wonderful birth mother. By then, I will be publishing her name publicly--she's given me her permission, but I don't want to do it till after the court date is over--so you'll be able to include her actual name as well.

Let me know if you'd like a card and would like to participate! We'll be sending out an Evite for the open house ASAP.

4 comments:

Beth Johnson said...

Susan,
Sounds like things are going great! You are learning Leah and she is learning you. I did laugh when I read the part about Michael demanding that Lead calm down. Too funny.

I might have missed it but what are your plans on working? Are you going back?

Kate/Susan said...

Nope, I have turned in my resignation. Monday is my last day :-)

manda said...

I want a card.

Syl said...

I would love to come see your little baby :) Either one of those days are fine by me.