Saturday, April 4, 2009

On our way!

Yesterday I was at work on a client visit when my cell rang. This is highly unusual! And even more unusual, it was my husband :-) He had checked our messages at home and it was B. calling to say that the doctors expect her water to break in 24-48 hours--she is having regular contractions and has dilated about 2cm. She suggested we needed to come on up!

So last night we did laundry and got our ducks in a row. We called our friend Tom, with whom we are staying during this extravaganza, alerted the attorneys, and this morning we headed up to Laurel. We called B. and she reported her contractions have continued and are getting stronger, but her water hasn't broken yet. We got to Tom's around 11 and I took a nap for 2 hours--I was tired I guess! But everyone is telling us to take naps while we can.

So we are just hanging out here. Tom gave us a tour of Laurel so that we could find grocery stores, Walmarts, etc. Just waiting for the call that it's time to go to the hospital! This is exciting!

If you are a Twitter user, please follow me (username katekosior) or my friend Lauren (username lvitsa) for updates from the hospital if I'm not able to post them from the laptop. (Not sure what the wireless situation is over there!)

Will post more as we get more action! I'm still hoping baby comes tomorrow!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love for little Leah to be born today - 4-4, exactly one month from my birthday, that doesn't seem likely - although she's got 4 more hours...

I predict Sunday April 5, sometime in the afternoon - like 2ish? I know that's a long time from now but things seem to be moving slowly...

BTW - you can ALWAYS shoot me a text or call my cell (703-338-7469) if you need to get in touch with folks - my phone is practically part of my body and I can get something to twitter and FB instantly! :-)