Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Dawns

Hi Everyone!

Not sure who might be reading this for regular updates, but it's Tuesday and no baby yet. We are going to the hospital this afternoon and we plan to make some noise. B. is so swollen that she can't even get shoes on at this point, and there is no excuse for this. We are concerned for her health as well as the baby's health. I'm not sure why they refuse to intervene--when my sister was expecting back in November and was quite healthy and doing fine, they were falling all over themselves to induce her, and eventually did with no provocation whatsoever. So today we will find out why this is not the case for B. I have my suspicions, but we're going to take care of it today.

So keep your eyes peeled!

If you use Twitter, you can follow me (katekosior) or my friend Lauren (lvitsa) for updates.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I can't be induced because I had a c-section. Too many risks of uterus rupture. Maybe a medical risk for her? Since she's dilated and having contractions, maybe they are hoping she'll deliver vaginally and not risk a c-section - lots of times inductions don't work.

Swelling at this point is quite normal - be sure to tell her to drink lots of water and put her feet up.

I hope you hear some positive news today!! It's pretty tough waiting for the little one to arrive. I went a week late and I just sat around looking at the clock. Haha.

manda said...

Ditto to Cindy. There are any number of reasons they aren't inducing her. Some drs- and mothers- don't believe inductions are the best way to go. From what I hear- labor after an induction is a harder labor. So some might argue that B has the better care when compared to your sisters situation. There is an excuse for being swollen- pregnancy:). Are there any other factors you haven't mentioned that would lead you to be concerned for her health (blood pressure, bleeding)? If you sit in an OB's office too many times you'll see a parade of women- black, white, purple, and green sitting in the OB office- refusing to leave "unless this baby comes out today". I know it's hard waiting, but she still does have a week- and then two more until she's overdue. Cindy was the most miserable pregnant lady I ever saw- overdue- in the middle of August, and that baby wasn't budging. Then her induction didn't work and she had to have a c-section. I know B has another little one at home, and a c-section isn't the best option- take it from someone who ripped open her incision after her 2nd pregnancy. I'm praying for you- as always. I understand your suspicions- however- also consider that they might have the larger picture in view.

Unknown said...

Not sure if this will help anyone or not but...if you are following the story and aren't on Twitter or Facebook and didn't hear yet:

Leah Katherine Kosior was born at 3:53 AM on April 8 2009 - she weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz and 20 in long and has a fully head of curly hair!